HOW MANY SCREENS CAN GO IN A DIP TANK?
- PT-506: (2) - 23" x 28" manual screens
- PT-520: (3-4) 25" x 33" automatic roller frames
- PT-579: (7-8) 25" x 33" automatic roller frames
WHAT CHEMICALS GO IN A DIP TANK?
Easiway offers a selection of One Step Ink and Emulsion removers to use with a dip tank. EasiStrip SUPRA Ink Cleaner & Emulsion Remover EasiStrip Ink Cleaner & Emulsion Remover and EasiSolv 1028 Ink & Emulsion Remover.
*Many Easiway users also puchase an additional dip tank to fill with water for exposing screens.
HOW LONG DO MY SCREENS NEED TO SOAK IN MY DIP TANK?
Your screens should only need to soak in your tank for 1-3 minutes. This will soften the emulsion enough for you to pressure rinse it off. If your screens are left in the tank for longer than the 1-3 minutes, your emulsion will fall to the bottom of your tank causing your solution to die off faster.
I PUT A SCREEN INTO MY TANK AND THE EMULSION IS NOT COMING OFF AT ALL?
There are 4 common culprits if you are having this problem.
- 1. It is time to make an addition of One Step Ink and Emulsion remover to your tank.
- 2.You are using a solvent on your screen before dipping it in the tank and did not allow for it to dry. If this happens - this will essentially build a life vest around your emulsion and will not let the emulsion remover penetrate the hardened emulsion.
- 3. You applied an emulsion remover to the screen and then allowed it to dry. -- Use a product such as 701 to break the bond of the hardened emulsion.
- 4. Your exposure time on your emulsion needs to be adjusted.
MY EMULSION SEEMS TO BE COMING OFF IN STRINGS OR CHUNKS.
This could be the result of one of the following:
- 1. The screen is not fully exposed causing the emulsion remover to not fully break down the emulsion.
- 2. The solution in your dip tank is too weak. You may need to add more One Step Ink and Emulsion remover to your tank.
IF THERE ARE NO STAINS LEFT AFTER I PRESSURE WASH MY SCREEN, DO I STILL NEED TO DEGREASE?
No, all Easiway's One Step Ink and Emulsion removers contain degreasers, eliminating the extra degreasing step.
THE FLUID LEVEL OF MY TANK IS GETTING LOW, BUT THE INK AND EMULSION IS STILL COMING OFF NORMALLY.
The fluid dragout when you remove a screen from your dip tank will lead to the fluid level lowering. You will find you need to top off your tank with water occassionally as this happens, as your soak time increases (you need to leave your screen in the tank longer than normal) you may add additional One Step Ink and Emulsion remover.
WHY HAS THE COLOR OF MY DIP TANK SOLUTION CHANGED?
This could be the result of one of the following:
- 1. If your solution has been exposed to certain metals it can change color and stop working.
- 2. When a solvent is accidentally introduced to your dip tank, it will most likely turn a lighter color and then will change to black over a short period of time.
WILL I GET A BUILD UP INK AND EMULSION SLUDGE AT THE BOTTOM OF MY TANK?
If used correctly, you should have only a little sludge bottom of your tank. Placing the screen in the tank for the alloted amount of time (1-3 mins) should only soften the emulsion and not completely take it off to where it would fall to the bottom of the tank.
CAN I DUMP MY CHEMICALS DOWN THE DRAIN?
Easiway's One Step Ink and Emulsion removers are drain safe. However, the ink and emulsion that you are using may not be. We recommend filtering the solids before they enter your drain and check with your local municiaplities about their guidelines.
HOW DO I DISPOSE OF MY USED TANK SOLUTION?
Simply pour the solution down your filtered drain. Any sludge at the bottom can be disposed of in the garbage.
CAN I LEAVE MY DIP TANK OUTSIDE?
As long as you keep your tank solution out of direct sunlight and understand that temperatures can improve performance when there is heat and slow down performance when it is cold, the tank can be kept outside in correct climates.
DOES THE DIP TANK SOLUTION HAVE A STRONG ODOR?
There is zero odor in Easiway's One Step Ink and Emulsion removers.
IS IT SAFE TO GET THE SOLUTION ON MY SKIN?
It is always best to wear safety gloves. If you do come in contact with the solution simply wash it off with soap and water.
WHEN DO I KNOW WHEN TO ADD MORE SOLUTION AND HOW MUCH DO I ADD?
When your soaking time increases to achieve the same results, your solution is weakening. A general guideline is that each gallon of One Step Ink and Emulsion remover should reclaim 150-200 screens. This is based on how many ounces of solution is needed for your screen size and screen condition.
A good starting point is to add .5-1 gallon of solution and see how long it takes to reclaim your next screen. You may need more.
WHY SHOULD I USE AN EASIWAY DIP TANK OVER A PLASTIC TOTE FROM THE STORE?
- 1. Our dip tanks are designed with standard screen sizes in mind, this provides economy when adding your One Step Ink and Emulsion removers.
- 2. If the correct material is not used in the manufacturing of your tank, or it is not molded, or welded correctly you may have a leaking tank.